The website https://www.boldopendatabase.com (the "Site") that contains the BOLD open database (the BOD), offered by MHCS (as identified in the "Identification - Contact" Section, hereinafter "we" and the "Company") aims to provide—through technology—visibility and influence to female entrepreneurs all over the world, and to highlight female entrepreneurship in a concrete way in order to develop a unique tool of economic and social emancipation for the benefit of everyone.
The goal is to collate profiles of participating female entrepreneurs and to share this information and the resulting research freely between the Site's registered users, subject to the terms outlined below.
Please note, we do not carry out any user identity checks or moderate a priori the information shared by users on the Site. You are therefore encouraged to report any illicit content via Contact-us in the footer.
For any information regarding personal data collection and processing, we invite you to consult our Privacy & Cookies Notice.
The Site is not intended for under 18s; it is reserved for adults only. To access the Site, you must therefore be at least 18 years old.
BROWSING THE SITE
Users are responsible for the equipment and programs required for internet and Site access.
To access the full version of the Site, in particular the BOLD Database, users must create an account ("Entrepreneur" Profile or an "Other user" Profile) and enter their personal authentication credentials. In this case, it is up to you to take your own measures for keeping these credentials secret. Of course, you can change them at any time.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate access to any or part of the Site, including the BOLD Database, its content or the services available on the Site, without advance notice and, to the extent permitted by law, without entitling the user to any compensation.
The Site may contain hyperlinks taking you to other sites or internet sources published by third parties. Given that the Company cannot verify these third-party sites or external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the content, advertising, products, services or any other elements available on these websites or external sources. In addition, the Company cannot be held responsible for any damages or loss (actual or alleged) resulting directly or indirectly from your use of the content, goods or services available on these other websites or external sources. Viewing third-party websites is your choice and your sole responsibility.
Every Site user is strictly committed to:
- respecting all of the laws, regulations and procedures applicable, including those regarding the behaviour of users online and the sending of technical data, and using the Site for lawful purposes, never for commercial purposes;
- having just one profile on the Site, using their real name and providing accurate, honest and current information, especially with regard to their occupation:
- if creating an "Entrepreneur" profile, being a female entrepreneur;
- if creating an "Other user" profile, being an investor, entrepreneur, journalist, academic, member of a research institute, institutional investor, student, researcher, institution or any other player in the economic, entrepreneurial and societal ecosystem with the goal of using the information for the benefit of female entrepreneurs;
- behaving in a responsible, lawful, courteous and respectful way on the Site with regard to the rights of other Site users, the Company, its affiliates and third parties;
- respecting the Collaboration Agreement.
Moreover, the user is particularly prohibited from:
- creating a false identity on the Site, altering their identity, creating a profile for anyone other than themselves, or using or trying to use someone else's profile;
- downloading or importing to the Site, posting, sending via email or sending by any other means, any element containing software viruses or other codes, files or computer programs designed to disrupt, destroy or limit the features of any software or computer hardware or any telecommunication equipment;
- disrupting or interrupting the functioning of the Site, servers or networks connected to the Site or breaking the requirements, procedures, rules or regulations relating to them;
- undermining or attempting to undermine the functioning, security or longevity of the Site, especially by exposing it to a virus, causing a traffic overload (bandwidth), overloading the server or sending spam;
- seeking to assess, observe or test the vulnerability of the Site and/or breaking, circumventing the Site's security or authentication measures;
- using computer bots or other automated methods to access the Site;
- violating the intellectual property rights of the Company or other people, in particular concerning copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or any other property rights;
- using "framing" or "mirroring" techniques or, in general terms, simulating the appearance or functioning of the Site;
- covering or changing the Site by other means (for example, changing the information provided in the BOLD Database);
- engaging in illegal activity or any other activity likely to damage the rights of the Company, its suppliers, service providers, retailers, advertisers or others, and inciting third parties to engage in such activities;
- downloading, sending, posting or making available by any means unsolicited or unauthorised marketing or promotional materials, junk emails, spam, chain letters or any form of solicitation;
- downloading, posting, sending via email or any other means content deemed reasonably by the Company, at their own discretion, to be illegal, harmful, defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, obscene, threatening, violent, contrary to public decency, violating an individual's privacy, unkind or shocking in particular regarding race or ethnicity, or any other objectionable content;
- making any statements and/or acting or claiming to act on behalf of the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliate companies as well as their shareholders, managers, directors and respective employees, whatever the reason.
Information shared by users
The Site provides the opportunity to share information between registered users: "Entrepreneur" Profiles can create a profile, entering the information of their choice which goes on to populate the BOLD Database; "Other user" Profiles can use the tool available on the Site to export information from the BOLD Database and undertake in this respect to share any research conducted using this information with other Site users, regardless of the nature of their work.
The Company cannot be held responsible for any damages or loss (actual or alleged) resulting directly or indirectly from the information shared or the use of the content, goods or services available on the Site.
Site users are responsible for the information and content they share on the Site and the consequences of them sharing, publishing, transferring or making this information available. The Company does not endorse any content, viewpoints, recommendations or opinions expressed by Site users and accepts no responsibility within the limits of applicable laws and regulations.
As the owner of the information (including the research) you share on the Site, you grant to the Company a non-exclusive, global, transferable licence, for the legal duration of the information protection under intellectual property rights, which may be subject to a sub-licence and exempt from licence-fees. This licence authorises the Company to represent, reproduce, employ, copy, distribute, edit, modify, export, delete, post, publish, communicate or use in any other way said information, on the internet or in any other format, in order to provide the Site and said information to users, as well as to maintain, improve and promote the Site. You expressly grant the Company the right to grant these same rights to all other Site users.
The licence is limited in the following way:
- you can terminate this licence for a specific piece of information by deleting it from the Site (a) except if, when using the Site, you have shared this information with other users who have copied, re-shared or stored it, and (b) subject to a reasonable timeframe required to remove it from the back-up and other Company systems;
- since your content belongs to you and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you can choose to make it available to others.
Reporting illicit content
Users are encouraged to report any illicit content to the Company by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form.
The Site and the elements it comprises (such as text, tree diagrams, software, animations, photographs, illustrations, images, videos, diagrams, soundtracks, logos, trademarks, drawings and models), including the software components required for the Site to function, may contain confidential information and data protected by intellectual property rights, privacy rights and all other applicable law. Therefore, unless otherwise stated, you have no right to use these elements, apart from the right to view the Site in a personal capacity.
To this end, you commit to sharing all analyses, results, research and publications incorporating or conducted using the information shared by users and accessible via the BOLD Open Database, importing this work to the Site.
Similarly, any use of BOLD Database information within these analyses, results, research or publications—or during a course or conference—must cite the "BOLD Open Database" explicitly, specifying the data retrieval date.
Any other use is strictly forbidden; in particular, any reproduction, representation and/or use of the Site or its elements, including the information accessible via the BOLD Open Database, conducted (wholly or in part) for commercial, marketing or advertisement purposes, in any way and regardless of the format, is expressly forbidden.
The Company endeavours to protect the personal data of Site users. As a user of the Site, the collection, processing, use, sharing, storage and protection of your personal data is regulated by the Privacy & Cookies Notice. For more information on the processing of your personal data, the Company invites you to consult the Privacy & Cookies Notice.
The Company does not carry out any checks or moderation a priori of the information shared by users. The Company cannot guarantee the accuracy, precision or exhaustiveness of the information shared by users on the Site.
The Company allows access to the Site free of charge and, to the extent permitted by law, accepts no responsibility unless otherwise required by law, in the following cases:
- for any interruption of the Site;
- in the event of lost data or information;
- in the event of a bug, computer virus, display or download errors;
- for any inaccuracy or omission relating to the information shared by users on the Site;
- for any damages resulting from fraudulent use by a third party;
- and more generally, for any direct or indirect damages, whatever their cause or consequence, which may arise as a result of users accessing the Site and sharing any information.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Unless otherwise required by law and in the absence of an amicable resolution, any claims and disputes regarding the Site will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Parisian appeals court (Cour d’Appel de Paris), including cases with third-party contributions, multiple defendants, summary or ex parte proceedings.
IDENTIFICATION - CONTACT
MHCS, a French limited company with a share capital of 433,193,789 EUR
Registration number: 509 553 459 RCS Reims
Registered address: 9 Avenue de Champagne, 51200 Epernay
Telephone number: +33 (0)3 26 51 20 00
VAT number: FR 44 509 553 459
The publication manager for content published by MHCS (excluding content shared by hosted users that is not subject to checks or moderation a priori) is Carole Bildé, International Marketing Director. The Site is hosted by the company Veuve Clicquot, 509 553 459 RCS Reims, 9 Avenue de Champagne, 51200 Epernay.